Some days you just need that reliable quick breakfast to get you through the day and my recipe for pink pitaya smoothie bowl is just the thing! Made in minutes and full of goodness you will be thankful hours later when you are still full of energy! You can make this in minutes by preparing the fruit the night before and freezing so all you have to do is pop it into the blender! Then sprinkled with your favourite seeds and topped with berries you will have the prettiest breakfast not to mention the healthiest.
Why You Will Love This Recipe For Pink Pitaya Smoothie Bowl
- Super Healthy. Full of antioxidant goodness to keep you full of energy all morning.
- Simple To Make. You can have all your ingredients pre-prepared and in your freezer ready to throw into your blender the night before so all you have to do is blend!
- Breakfast On The Go. I love this recipe because if you are in a rush you can pop it in your thermos and eat it on the go. It is essential for us to have a healthy breakfast for busy lives on the go.
- Easy to style. We all love a pretty looking breakfast and this recipe helps us along the way. As it is thick it is easy to make it look extra delicious by styling it with sprinkles and berries.
- Can be made in batches. Instead of pre freezing the fruit you can also make it as a smoothie in large batches then freeze in individual containers. Then simply pop it into your blender and it turns into a thick smoothie so you can have one every day of the week.
Ingredients For Pink Pitaya Smoothie Bowl
- Pink Pitaya (otherwise known as dragonfruit). I use one fresh pitaya and 1 tablespoon of pink pitaya powder. You can use more pitaya powder if you are unable to purchase it fresh. Full of antioxidants, vitamins and high in fibre it is the perfect ingredient for a healthy breakfast.
- Bananas. These can be used fresh or frozen. When frozen they make the smoothie more like ice cream which is perfect for summer. The banana sweetens the smoothie so there is no need to add any sweeteners. However if you do like it extra sweet then add an extra banana or add raw honey to taste.
- Oats. I add oats to most of my smoothies. They are slow energy releasing which keeps you full for longer so you can survive until lunchtime without snacking.
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk. I use coconut milk as it adds a lovely tropical flavour to the smoothie. But you can use any daily free milk.
- Mixed Berries. These combine really well with pink pitaya and the darker the berry the better! Use frozen berries with frozen bananas to turn it into nice cream.
- Coconut Flakes and Mixed Seeds. These add texture and are the perfect topping along with fresh berries.
- Protein Powder. While not essential I always like to add as much protein as I can to balance nutrients and keep you going for longer. Always use unflavoured as some protein powders can be laden with sugars or ruin the overall taste of the pink pitaya smoothie bowl.
Other delicious pink recipes you will love
- Pink Pitaya Coconut Bliss Balls
- Easy Macaron Recipe
- Roasted Beetroot & Walnut Hummus
- Red Velvet Ombre Cake
Pink Pityaya Smoothie Bowl made with fresh dragonfruit, coconut, oats and mixed berries to give you an antioxidant breakfast bowl
For the smoothie bowl
- 1 whole pink dragonfruit, peeled
- 1 tablespoon Pink Pitaya powder
- 2 bananas
- 30g mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 20g rolled oats
- 80ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons unflavoured protein powder, optional
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes or desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon mixed seeds
- Handful of fresh berries
- Place all the smoothie bowl ingredients into a high speed blender. I use the thermomix but any good blender will do.
- Blitz until creamy and pour into smoothie bowls. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with the coconut flakes, mixed seeds and fresh berries. Enjoy!
If you want to get the texture of nice cream use frozen bananas and frozen berries.
Add an extra banana for an extra thick smoothie.
Sweeten with raw honey for extra sweetness.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: World
Keywords: Pink Pitaya Smoothie Bowl