This orange carrot turmeric smoothie is a winner. I call it my sunshine smoothie as it has all the flavours of the Mediterranean and so much more. Blended with Mediterranean spices, succulently sweet oranges and ripened mango, you can really imagine what sunshine tastes like!
Living in Spain and used to picking oranges from my garden I never take sweet oranges for granted. I remember the first time moving to Spain and being in awe of oranges growing on the trees. I wanted to pick them all right there and then! Always buy good quality oranges especially when they are the hero ingredient. Bitter oranges can make or break a recipe ! If I have to buy oranges out of season I buy the best quality even if they are more expensive. It’s totally worth it!
Reasons why you will love this recipe
- Antioxidant and anti inflammatory- turmeric contains curcumin which has antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties
- Quick and easy – once the oranges are segmented, the mango is diced and the ginger and turmeric are peeled it is blend in minutes
- Convenient – your ingredients may be prepared the night before and covered in the fridge for convenience
- Tastes amazing – the sweet citrus flavour of the oranges combined with mango and the sweetness of the carrot juice goes well with the orange Mediterranean spices
- Gives you energy – the almond milk and almond butter along with the oats helps you stay full for longer giving a slow release of energy
Perfect for breakfast, a mid morning snack or an afternoon power boost you will love this orange carrot turmeric smoothie recipe. Why not check out some of my other delicious energy powered drinks such as Super Green Matcha Juice . Another perfect start to the day!Print
1 carrot, chopped in small pieces
¼ teaspoon ground turmeric or 1 inch cube fresh turmeric
1 inch cube ginger
2 oranges, segmented
½ mango, diced
250ml almond milk
Pinch ground cinnamon
3 strands saffron
Handful of ice cubes
1 teaspoon raw honey
1 tablespoon almond butter
Add the carrot, turmeric and ginger to your blender. Pulse until finely minced.
Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend at high speed until well combined.
Serve in individual glasses.
If you want a thicker smoothie add a banana.
The mango can be frozen to prep in advance then added to your machine with ice cubes.