A deliciously light and zesty lemon and ginger posset with stem ginger shortbread. A quick an easy dessert perfect for any occasion
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 120ml lemon juice
- 160g honey
- 500g cream
- 5g fresh ginger, peeled
For the shortbread
- 10 to 20g crystallised stem ginger, chopped (depending on how gingery you like it)
- 300g flour
- 110g caster sugar
- 200g butter
- Add the lemon juice and honey to a saucepan and heat until dissolved. Simmer until thickened to a syrup, approximately 3 minutes. Leave to cool in a small bowl.
- Add the cream and ginger to a saucepan and heat until it just comes to a boil. Turn off the heat and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Strain the cream into the bowl with the lemon syrup. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon zest and reserve the rest for serving.
- Pour into glasses and allow to set in the fridge for approximately 3 hours.
- Meanwhile make the shortbread. Preheat the oven to 170˚C.
- Cream the sugar and butter either in your food processor or with an electric beater.
- Add the flour and ginger and mix until it just comes together.
- Roll out on a lightly floured board and cut into shapes ½ inch thick. Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Top the possets with whipped cream, lemon zest and a ginger shortbread.
You can replace the lemons with limes for a twist.
You can use oranges but use half oranges to half lemons to allow the possets to set.
If you like a less citrus and more sweet flavour then add extra honey.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: Lemon and Ginger Posset